The lamb shank is the piece of choice that stays at the end of the leg. The flesh is tender and tasty. Mixed with rosemary flavor it is wonderful. For cooking, I offer a simple roasted lamb shank recipe, roasted with rosemary, potatoes and purple carrots. The lamb shank is easy to do and does not require much preparation time, perfect for a Sunday meal or on Easter Sunday!
Roasted Lamb Shank in Oven
Ingredients: Roasted Lamb Shank in oven
- 1 large or two small lamb shanks
- A little olive oil
- 3-4 purple carrots, or other species
- A dozen small potatoes
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 sprigs of rosemary
Cooking instruction: Roasted Lamb Shank in oven
Preheat oven to 360°F (180°c).
1. Cut peeled carrots in half lengthwise.
2. Then cut diagonally.
3. Slightly crush the garlic cloves with the flat of a knife while keeping the skin.
4. Brown lamb shanks over all sides in a roasting pan over medium heat.
Book the lamb shank.
Remove oil, it is not mandatory, but it is better if it has overheated.
5. Add a little olive oil in a pan.
Fry the potatoes a few minutes over medium heat.
6. Add carrots, garlic and rosemary and stir.
7. Place the lamb shank over the vegetables and bake covered for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes remove the lid and cook for 35 to 40 minutes more.
During cooking and two or three times, remove the lamb shank, mix vegetables then return the lamb shank.
So what do you think of this lamb shank recipe?