A delicious coconut pound cake. This well flavored and mellow cake will delight youngest and older with dessert or tea, and why not as a breakfast?
Ingredients list Coconut Pound Cake
(for 8 people):
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (200g) of caster sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 cup (100g) of flour
- 1 cup (100g) of starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 1/2 ounces (125g) grated coconut + 1 ounces (30g) for decoration
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 7 ounces (200g) of butter
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam + 2 tablespoons water
1. Beat the eggs with your mixer on high speed for 2 minutes, then add sugar and vanilla sugar gradually while continuing to beat.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, cornstarch and baking powder, then add this mixture gradually to the egg / sugar mix.
3. Add 4 1/2 ounces (125g) of grated coconut and stir in to the batter with the rum.
4. Melt the butter and add it to the preparation.
5. Pour this mixture into a greased bundt pan that you previously buttered and floured, level the surface of dough, then place in a preheated oven 340°f (170°c) for about 50 minutes.
For the topping:
Pass the jam through a Chinese strainer then dilute it with 2 tablespoons of water. Drizzle it generously on the cake right out of oven and sprinkle with shredded coconut.