Today I offer you a fabulous chocolate and pear tart recipe for dessert!
Pear and chocolate are two ingredients that blend perfectly. For this tart, the dough is delicately flavored with ground almonds. You can use either fresh or poached pears or pears in syrup as well.
Ingredients list to make the chocolate pear tart
The dough (for a 9 inches diameter tart)
- 1 2/3 cups (165g) flour
- 1 ounce (30g) caster sugar
- 1 ounce (30g) ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 ounces (125g) very cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3-4 tbsp of iced water
For the filling of the tart
- 4 or 5 or pears (or a can of pears in syrup, well drained)
- 1 cup (180g) of sugar
- 3 ounces (90g) butter
- 1 1/2 ounces (45g) cocoa powder (bitter and unsweetened)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 ounces (45g) of flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparing the dough
1. In a bowl, sift the flour with the salt, sugar and ground almonds. Add the butter and mix with your fingertips until obtaining a grainy consistency. Stir quickly without overworking the mixture, adding just enough water so that the dough clumps into small packets.
Form a ball and wrap in plastic then let rest in your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Roll the dough on a lightly floured worktop and line a pie pan with it. The dough is quite crumbly so you can finished spreading it with hands directly into the mold. Prick with a fork and put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 360°f (180°c).
4. Top the dough with a baking paper. Precook the tart for 10-15 minutes at 360°f (180°c).
Preparing the filling
1. Melt the butter with the cocoa over medium heat, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Off the heat, add the egg, sugar and flour and then the vanilla extract.
Pour the chocolate mixture over the pastry and cover with pear halves.
2. Put back to bake for 15-20 minutes until the filling is firm. Let cool before unmolding. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving your chocolate pear tart. Enjoy!