Chocolate & Caramel Tart! Easter is already knocking at the door.This tart will delight young and old alike. You can decorate it with small eggs, or chocolate sweets. This dessert will be more than welcome for your Easter dinner. I bet you won’t be in short supply of ideas to gather the little eggs that make the decoration…
This chocolate and caramel tart will be quicker to make if you use a good ready-made pastry. Anyway, I give you the chocolate pastry recipe in case you want it 100% homemade.
Ingredient: Chocolate & Caramel Tart
The chocolate shortbread dough, for 6 people:
- 1 cup (250 g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (150 g) of icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (50 g) of powdered hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons (5 g) of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups (400 g) flour
- 2 3/4 teaspoons (10 g) of baking powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp (10 g) of cocoa
1. In the bowl of a food processor, mix the softened butter. Add the icing sugar, ground hazelnuts and cinnamon and then mix. Add the eggs one by one.
2. Pour the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Mix well.
3. Roll into a ball, wrap in a plastic and keep in the refrigerator overnight.
The chocolate ganache:
- Bottom of a pastry or chocolate (recipe above, or ready-made from the grocery store)
- 5 1/3 ounces (150 g) of milk jam
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) dark chocolate for pastry
- 2 tbsp (30 g) butter
- 1 /2 cup (150 ml) of full cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa
- Chocolate eggs to decorate
Instructions: Chocolate & Caramel Tart
Pre-baking the dough:
Start spreading the batter into the pan. Prick with a fork. Top the dough with a sheet of baking paper. Add some silicone weights or any object to maintain the sheet. Cook for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 360°F (180°C).
The chocolate ganache:
Boil the cream. Then add the butter in pieces, the spices (you can use cinnamon, star anise etc…) and the grated chocolate. Mix well to smooth the mixture. Put in the microwave if necessary, but not for more than 20 seconds at a time (the chocolate should never burn!). Add the egg yolk and refrigerate for a few minutes.
When the pastry has cooled, spread the milk jam, and then cover it with the chocolate ganache. Smooth well with a spatula and put in the refrigerator again so the cream can harden.
Before serving: sprinkle the top with bitter cocoa (with a small strainer), then decorate with the chocolate eggs. Bon Appetit!
Recipe inspired by Dominique