Simplest things are often the best, just like these butter cookies! Enjoy with hot tea or coffee!
Ingredients list for the butter cookies
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/5 cup (80g) of sugar
- 2 3/4 ounces (80g) butter
- 1 1/2 cup (140g) of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Remove the butter from the refrigerator 1 hour before starting.
2. Put the softened butter in the bowl of your stand mixer. Add the sugar, vanilla sugar and egg yolks while beating. You can do this by hand of course.
3. Stir in flour, baking powder, mix well together.
4. Add sea salt at the last moment, form a roll in a plastic wrap.
5. Let sit in the refrigerator 1h.
6. Preheat your oven to 300°f (150°c)
7. Cut slices of 1/5 inch (5mm) with the refrigerated dough.
8. Place them in the bottom of muffin tins so they do not spread too much.
9. Bake for 20 min.
Note: Butter cookies are still a bit soft when they come out of the oven, but they harden after a few minutes.