Lean, healthful, and quick to cook, fish is an excellent choice for any occasion. This Mediterranean-inspired dish features sea bream, a delicate white fish with wonderful flavors. The recipe is very easy, you just have to wait until the fish is done in the oven while the room is filled up by delicious aromas of olives, garlic and roasted bell peppers. Have your fish prepared by your fishmonger, it will be even quicker.
Ingredients List for Baked Sea Bream With Olive & Red pepper
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 2 medium breams (or 2 small sea bass), gutted and cleaned, scales removed
- 1/2 cup (10cl) olive oil (+ 2 tablespoons)
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 handful of black olives
- 1 jar of roasted red pepper strips (here’s the recipe if you want to try it at home)
- 3/4 cup (20cl) sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
1. Rinse the fish under cold water. Make cuts on the sides and season the fish with salt and pepper.
2. Spray a baking tray with oil, place the fish.
3. Peel garlic cloves but keep the thin first skin.
4. Slightly Brown garlic in a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the black olives and mix well. Pour the vinegar into the pan and simmer until the vinegar is hot then pour over fish.
5. Bake in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for 15 min.
6. After 15 minutes, turn the fish gently on the other side and arrange pepper strips. Bake for 15 minutes more, or until the fish is completely cooked. Serve hot with or steamed potatoes.