This frangipane apple tart is a classic that can be achieved with other fruits such as pears. It can be served warm with a scoop of ice cream or with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce. Enjoy this recipe!
Apple tart with almond cream filling
Ingredients list for apple tart filled with almond cream
Recipe For two:
- 1 rolled puff pastry sheet of 6 inches (16 cm) diameter (you can make your own puff with this recipe)
- 2 oz (60 g) of almond cream (recipe here)
- 1 apple
- Icing sugar
- One beaten egg yolk to glaze the tart before cooking (technique here)
1. Cut and lower a pastry disc of 6 inches (16 cm) diameter
2. Using a pastry brush, glaze the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg yolk.
3. Using a spatula, spread almond cream on the pastry sheet about 5mm thick and 5 inches diameter.
Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C).
Note: don’t cover the entire surface of the rolled dough because almond cream has a tendency to spread under the action of heat at the beginning of cooking.
4. Cut the peeled apples into thin slices about 1 to 2 mm thick.
5. Arrange apple slices in a rosette.
Cut 2 or 3 slices of apple to pin vertically in the center of the pie.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove pie from oven and sprinkle with icing sugar.
7. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes.
On leaving the oven, sprinkle again with icing sugar (optional).
What do you think of this apple tart with almond cream?
Read also: how to make poached eggs