The almond cream recipe
Ingredients list for the almond cream
Almond cream is a basic of pastry and is used in many desserts and cakes. The basic recipe is very simple. The ingredients are the following: Original recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (100 g) of butter
- 1/2 cup (100 g) of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (100 g) of blanched almonds flour
Depending on the use of the almond cream filling, you can play on the quantities and addition of various ingredients.
If you want to use almond cream in filo pastry to make sweet spring roll desserts, change the amount of egg and add cornstarch (cornstarch will absorb moisture during cooking and thus prevent steam from making the rolls explode).
Ingredients for Almond cream:
- 1/4 cup (50 g) of butter
- 1/4 cup (50 g) of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (50 g) of blanched almonds flour
- 1 tbsp (10 g) of cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A little orange flower water (optional)
Instruction to prepare almond cream
1. Remove the eggs from the refrigerator in advance so they are not too cold during use.
Cut the butter into pieces and put in a large bowl.
2. Add sugar.
3. Mix vigorously butter and sugar with a whisk until the mixture whitens and becomes creamy.
This phase is called “creaming” butter with sugar.
4. Add eggs one by one, mixing thoroughly between each egg.
If the pastry mixture were to become detached, add a little almond powder (this can come from eggs that are too cold and freeze the butter).
5. Add the sifted dry ingredients (almond powder, cornstarch and cinnamon powder).
6. Gradually mix. Here you can add alcohol or an aroma, like a little orange flower water.
How to preserve:
- A few days in the fridge (watch out for eggs that are raw).
- In the freezer
- With custard in the proportion of 1/3 custard and 2/3 almond cream, it make the famous frangipane.
- In an Amandine: an almond tart, with or without custard. Recipe here.
- In filo pastry for a dessert plate.