Zucchini is perhaps the fastest and most familiar vegetable dish to cook, not only in summer, but all year-round! The following list gathers great tips to vary the preparation and seasonings of this lovely vegetable for a maximum of uniqueness. You can also apply this advice to other vegetables like any summer squash or chayote — which must be seeded first.
1. Grate the zucchini or chop it into dice; it will take less time to soften. Here’s a list of great tools to cut vegetables in many shapes.
2. Turn the heat up to medium-high and sear the zucchini until golden before stirring or adding liquid.
3. Use minced red onion, ginger, or shallots instead of garlic.
4. Substitute a mixture of 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil and 1 tablespoon neutral oil, like grapeseed oil or corn oil, instead of the butter or olive oil. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro or sliced scallion instead of the usual parsley. You’ll notice some nice changes of flavor.
5. Use other herbs in place of parsley: fresh mint, dill, and basil are all good choices and fit perfectly with zucchini.