Do you like to cook mussels? Because it’s the cooking lesson for today! Yesterday at the market mussels were superb, I simply could not resist. I took the opportunity to make a hors d’oeuvre that I prepare from time to time, which may very well be presented as tapas.They are cooked mussels “a la mariniere” served in halved shell and topped with a simple vinaigrette sauce with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The whole mussels are topped with diced peppers and chopped fresh coriander.
How to cook Mussels in vinaigrette…
Ingredients list : Mussels in vinaigrette sauce
- 2 3/4 lbs (1,2 kg) of mussels in their shell
- 2 3/4 tbsp (40g) of butter
- 2 3/4 tbsp (40g) of shallots
- 2 3/4 tbsp (40ml) white wine
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 3 1/2 tbsp (50ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (100 mL) olive oil
- 10 ounces (300g) of colored peppers
- 10 sprigs of fresh cilantro
Recipe instructions: halved mussels in vinaigrette sauce
1. Scrape and wash the mussels.
2. Chop the shallots.
3. Chop the parsley.
4. Cook and open mussels marinara as shown here in How to cook fresh mussels.
5. Dissolve salt in vinegar, add pepper.
Add oil, mix without excess
6. Cut the peppers into very small dice (small cubes)
7. Coarsely chop the cilantro.
8. Add peppers and cilantro to the vinaigrette, combine.
Finishing and dressage:
9. Shell the mussels thoroughly, taking them out of their shells, put them back in one of the halved shells.
Strain the cooking juices thought a chinois strainer.
10. Take three tablespoons of the cooking liquid and add to dressing.
11. Arrange the mussels on the plates.
12. Top the mussels with vinaigrette sauce.
You can also serve these mussels in vinaigrette with peppers and cilantro in nice appetizers spoons just like we did below.
Read also: learn to make lean chicken stuffing