How to Make Lean Meat Stuffing ? Did you already make lean stuffing? This stuffing recipe is particularly suitable to stuff small pieces of poultry such as chicken, quail or pigeon… For my part, I learned to make the lean stuffing with parsley, but it can also be done with sage or a mixture of sage / parsley.
How To Make Lean Meat Stuffing
Ingredients list: lean stuffing recipe
- 1/2lb (200g) of smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup (50g) of onion
- 50g of dry bread crumbs
- 60mL of milk
- 1 small sprig of thyme
- 3-4 sprigs of parsley
Instructions: how to make lean stuffing
1. Remove the rind from the bacon.
Then cut it in two in the direction of the thickness, and then cut into thin slices about 3 mm thick.
2. Finally, cut the slices into small pieces of 3 mm sections.
3. Soak bread crumbs in milk.
4. Chop the onion finely as shown here: how to cut an onion
5. Chop the parsley and / or sage finely.
6. Blanch the bacon, starting with cold water. When the boiling point is reached, drain and cool under running cold water.
7. Melt the butter.
8. Add the bacon and cook over low heat for a few minutes, there shouldn’t be any coloring.
9. Add the chopped onion and thyme.
10. Continue cooking over low heat to make the onions sweat.
Once the onions have sweated, put it into a bowl.
Normally there should be no browning of the bacon, nor the onions. I’ll have to test one day by sauteing up the whole mix.
Press the bread crumb mixture and add it to the bacon and onions.
11. Add the chopped parsley.
12. Mix with a fork or by hand until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
Remove the thyme sprig.
Refrigerate until needed.
What would you add to this lean stuffing recipe?