For a comfy afternoon snuggled with a cup of coffee and a good book, nothing beats these rich & dense brownies with crackly tops. They are so simple to make and taste amazing! You’ll fall in love with brownies made from scratch, all over again.
Ingredients list for the brownie bars
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 ounces (300g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter ( 8 ounces ) cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups (380g) granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 small espresso shot (or coffee extract)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
3. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler, until completely smooth. Allow to cool, the mixture should be at room temperature.
4. Beat the eggs with sugar, espresso and vanilla extract, until foamy. Dust the flour and cocoa mixture on top and mix gently to obtain a smooth texture.
5. Pour chocolate/butter mixture over the eggs/flour mix and fold using a rubber spatula until smooth. Do not overwork the dough, otherwise the brownie will be too cakey. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
6. Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F (180°C), rotating the pan halfway through baking time. The tip of a knife inserted into the center should come out almost clean, with a few moist crumbs sticking to it.
7. Allow the brownie to cool down, then lift out of the pan using the edges of parchment paper. Dust with confectionner sugar if you want. Cut into squares and serve.