Healthy and absolutely delicious, this beet, carrot and pomegranate salad is perfect on its own or as a side. The smooth vinaigrette made with citrus and greek yogurt brightens this colorful, crunchy salad. A few walnuts will add some crunch and round up these wintery flavors.
Ingredients list for the beet carrot pomegranate salad
For the Salad
- 1 raw beet root, trimmed and peeled
- 3 carrots, peeled
- A handful of pomegranate seeds
- A handful of walnuts, shelled
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh tangerine or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Dried herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary…)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Make the salad:
1. Julienne the carrot and beet. If you don’t have a julienne peeler, very thinly slice carrot and beet lengthwise into strips using a mandoline or a sharp knife.
2. Arrange beets, carrot, pomegranate seeds and walnut in individual serving bowls.
Make the vinaigrette:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small glass bottle or a mason jar and shake vigorously to emulsify the vinaigrette.
2. Toss carrot, beets, pomegranate seeds and walnut with vinaigrette in each individual bowls and serve immediately.