Throughout history, herbs and spices have held a key role in many civilizations to flavor foods and treat people. Over time the opening of new shipping routes, the discovery of new lands, the great invasions, the Crusades have enriched the knowledge and diversity of herbs and spices.
Here’s a collection of useful articles regarding selection and use of herbs and spices in the every day kitchen:
Herbs and spices in general
- How to Buy Herbs and Spices And Use Them At Their Best for Cooking: Spices can improve the taste of the dishes being served at the table and culinary arts use them a lot
- 20 Anti-Aging Herbs and Spices to Add to your Diet. The typical Western eating habits – high in simple carbohydrates and low in herbs and spices – makes us grow old.
- Aromatic Herbs: The Soul Of The Kitchen! There is no doubt that herbs enlighten our regular meals. They are essential to complement the dishes and salad dressings
- How to Cook with Aromatics Herbs? We have not said enough: cook with herbs! It is good for you and it makes your recipes better!
- How To Cook With Cilantro Without Losing its Flavor. Cilantro, also known as coriander, is an herb that everyone knows. But its use in cooking is not always obvious
- Why You Should Use Aromatic Herbs in Your Desserts. Mint is delicious as a dessert, but have you tried basil? Dare you marry dill, thyme or chervil with your desserts?
- How to Store your Fresh Aromatic Herbs? Nothing makes your meals taste better than the freshest ingredients.
- How to Grow Your Own Aromatic Herbs for Cooking: Easy to grow, the fresh aromatic herbs are a luxury accessible to all
- How to Choose, Use and Keep Spices for your Everyday Kitchen Spices are small “bombs” of flavors that enhance the simplest dishes. Here are some basic tips to properly select, maintain and use
- What to do with… Vanilla? Suave and exotic Vanilla brings softness to dishes. Cakes, fruit, fish and poultry … they all leave this spice flavor haunting.
- Spice Up your Dishes with Herbs Flavored Salt: Salt is an essential part of cooking: no salt, no flavor. To flavor up even more our compositions, why not make flavored salt by ourself?
- The Top 10 of best and original spices racks that season the decor of our kitchens
- The Essentials Ingredients You Must Always Have in your Kitchen: Learn to cook, is mostly learn to shop! To always receive guests without warning or improvise a cake without having to quit home, check out our list of basic ingredients to always have in your kitchen.