Even if you’re putting your first kitchen together, we guess that your pantry isn’t entirely bare empty. You have certainly a few pots, pans, kitchen gadgets, kitchen utensils, food in your refrigerator and pantry. Maybe you could even have a small appliance or two. Or maybe you are a seasoned home-chef and you cook regularly and are fully equipped. Whatever is your condition, you will find here some help to make your inventory and evaluate what are your needs to make every day meal preparation easier and joyful.
In our “How to“, “Questions” and “Cooking tips” sections, you find help with basic definitions and preparation, like rinsing and chopping, and cooking techniques — from boiling water to roasting, braising, and grilling. These categories will become your go-to sections for quick reference as you begin to cook.
The best way to use this website: you can cherry-pick your way through the site and catch up on lessons and recipes. There you’ll find links that cross-references to information taught elsewhere that’s relevant to what you’re preparing.
How to get started in your kitchen
- Tips for successful recipes (recipe advices)
- 10 little homecooking tips and maxims
- Basic Cooking Techniques
- Culinary Terms Glossary
- Cooking Essentials to start cooking
- How to Make Your Shopping List
- How to Cook on a Budget
- Tips for Plating Your Dishes
- How to Cook with Aromatics Herbs?
- Choosing and use oil for cooking meals
- The Basic Ingredients You Should Always Have For a Good Meal