These healthy, delicious garlic stuffed chicken roulades make a beautifully presented entree for a casual lunch or a hearty Sunday dinner.
Ingredients list for Garlic Chicken Roulades
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 10 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Olive oil, for sautéeing
- Dried tomato packed in oil
1. Place one chicken breast between two pieces of parchment paper and pound it with a meat tenderizer (or the bottom of a heavy skillet/saucepan) until it’s about 1/4-inch (0,5cm) thick. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the peeled garlic cloves, lemon zest, few leaves of rosemary and bread crumbs. Pulse until well combined and the mixture blends into a paste.
3. Generously spread the garlic mixture on one side of each of the chicken breasts. Tightly roll up each chicken breast and tie with a wooden toothpick. Season the roulades with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil. Sear the roulades on all sides until brown then set aside.
5. Blend 2-3 tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of their packing oil. Brush the roulades with the tomato paste and transfer to a baking dish. Bake the seared roulades in the oven at 350ºF (180°C) until they’re cooked throughout (about 20-30 minutes). Allow the baked roulades to rest for 5 minutes, covered with foil, then remove the toothpicks, slice and serve immediately sprinkled with rosemary.
(Image © dream79)
More delighting chicken recipes ideas
- Grilled Chicken Skewers with Strawberries
- Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
- Baked Tandoori Chicken
- Garlic Skillet Chicken
- Quick Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Oven Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
- One-Pan Cajun Chicken with Potatoes
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Roasted Harissa Chicken Breasts
- Baked Garlic Chicken Wings
- Baked Garlic Chicken Roulades
- Chicken Breasts & Asparagus Foil Packets
- Braised Chicken with Caramelized Onions