Smooth, rich, creamy, luxurious… If chocolate truffles are your idea of heaven, these quick and easy-to-make white chocolate truffles will transport you to chocolate nirvana! Serve them up with a cup of mocha to amaze your friends and family—or maybe you’ll prefer getting out the gift boxes to offer them these delicious homemade treats.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Coconut Truffles
Makes about 15 truffles:
- 5 ounces (150g) high-quality white chocolate, chopped
- Zest of 1/2 untreated lime, finely grated
- 1/5 cup (5cl) of liquid cream
- 1/2-inch knob (1cm) of fresh grated ginger
- 1/3 cup (25g) of shredded coconut
1. In a small bowl, combine cream, ginger and grated lime zest. Heat up in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Pour the hot mixture over the chopped chocolate and stir well. Put into the microwave again for 30 seconds more and stir until chocolate is completely melted. The consistency should be smooth and homogeneous.
2. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until set (about 1 hour).
3. Scoop out little balls of chocolate with 2 teaspoons or a small mellon baller. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill for about 15 minutes, or until firm enough to handle.
4. Prepare a shallow dish with shredded coconut. Roll the truffles in the coconut topping and chill until ready to serve.
(Photo by Nina Palmer)