White Chocolate Truffles — Who doesn’t love to make candy around this time of year? We couldn’t have asked for a better theme with the holidays just around the corner, especially if you are a white chocolate addict like me. The snow-like flaky coconut coating reveals a white chocolate ganache infused with cardamom to form an impressively delicious combo. Share these treats with family and friend, around a cup of your best Christmas tea!
Ingredients list for the white chocolate & coconut truffles
- 8 cardamom pods
- 1 1/4 lbs (550g) white chocolate, chopped
- 1 2/3 cup (40cl) of liquid cream
- 2/3 cup (50g) grated coconut
1. Crush the cardamom seeds in a mortar.
2. Cut 3/4 lb (350g) chocolate into small pieces and add powdered cardamom.
3. Boil the liquid cream. Pour over the chocolate and whisk to get a smooth mixture. Heat a bit more over the fire if necessary.
4. Whisk until the chocolate thickens — it can be quite long. Stop when the first lumps appear. Then let cool in the refrigerator several hours or overnight.
5. Scoop out a ball of chocolate and roll between your palms to form a truffle, repeat this process until there is no chocolate left. Place the truffles on a rack, then refrigerate again.
6. Meanwhile melt the rest of the white chocolate in a double boiler and dip each truffle in for the coating, then let dry on a wire rack over sheet parchment paper. Beware, the white chocolate cools down and sets quickly.
7. When all the truffles are coated, let them cool and harden before rolling into coconut flakes.