Dips are the ultimate party foods to bring good friends around a table along with a glass of wine. Quick, easy, with an incredibly creamy texture, this crowd-pleasing white bean hummus is the perfect partner for your pita chips, grilled naan or raw veggies. If you have leftovers, it also makes a smooth and hearty vegan pasta sauce or a tasty addition to your sandwiches.
Ingredient list for white bean hummus
- 1 can Great Northern beans or Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- A clove of garlic
- Juice of one lemon (you can add more if you wish)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup (60-120ml) olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Roasted sesame seeds (2-3 minutes in a dry skillet over the stove)
1. Cook peeled garlic clove in a little boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain. It is much easier to digest this way.
2. Place beans in a food processor or high powered blender. Add garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Turn the processor on and slowly pour in olive oil. Pulse until smooth and thick. If it’s too thick, add few tablespoons of warm water. Taste and adjust the amount of lemon and seasoning if necessary. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
3. Serve sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle olive olive oil. Accompany with pita bread, naan, crackers or flat bread crisps.
(Photography by: Myriam / La Cuisine C’est Simple )