Who can resist a stack of waffles, dripping with goodness in the morning? With these amazing sweet waffles, you can re-create these delicious moments and dozens more. They can be served filled with fruit, with a decadent chocolate sauce, toasted nuts or an ice cream scoop…The possibilities are endless. Bookmark this waffle recipe right now!
Ingredients list for the Waffles
Waffles (makes 10-12):
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) whole milk, lukewarm
- ⅓ cup water, lukewarm
- 2 large eggs warmed up to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup (230g) butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups (400g) all-purpose flour
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
1. In a stand mixer, combine active dry yeast, granulated sugar, whole milk and water. Stir to combine and let yeast sit and activate for 5 minutes. Add in eggs, honey and salt and beat until well combined. Add brown sugar, butter and beat until well combined.
2. Add flour and knead until dough is smooth in consistency. Place the dough in a medium greased bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let rest for about 1h30 until dough has bulked up more than double in size. Punch dough down, place back in bowl, cover and place in the fridge for few hours (or better, overnight).
3. Heat up waffle iron. Remove dough from fridge, it should be very firm. Knead a bit and divide dough into 8-10 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Place on the greased waffle iron and cook until it turns golden brown.