Small homemade gourmet gifts are always appreciated. Did we already talk about orange wine? Because it will let macerate for 40 days before eating, the offered value is quite high and I’m pretter sure it will be much appreciated by your close friends. As we talked earlier about how to make orange candied peels, I think this drink recipe will be just fine and welcomed. Just in time for the holidays, here we go!
For six bottles, you will need:
Ingredients: Orange Wine Recipe
- 5 organic oranges (as pesticids stay in the skin)
- 1 organic lemon
- 5 pts (5 liters) of dry white wine or rosé
- 2 pts (1 liter) of vodka, cognac or brandy with more than 40% alcohol.
- 4 3/4 cups (600 g) sugar cane
- 2 vanilla beans
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cloves
Preparation Steps for the HomeMade Vin D’Orange
– Cut three oranges into quarters or slices
– Peel off the other two
– Put in a large bowl or hermetic container with the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves
– Add the wine and vodka
– Close and steep for 40 days, stirring occasionally
– Strain and pour into pretty bottles or jars
– Let your artistic genius to make a beautiful label with the year
– Serve in a glass to accompany your chocolate desserts or apperitives
– Also excellent reheated in the form of grog.