This zucchini noodle with crunchy veggies is super quick, fresh, and satisfying! If you love pasta but want to try a lighter alternative, this one-pan dish is for you and ready in less than 20 minutes!
Ingredients list for the zucchini noodles
- 2 pounds (1kg) zucchini washed and julienned (use a julienne peeler or a spiralizer)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 oz (220g) of mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup (240ml) vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup (70ml) Greek yogurt, or heavy cream (makes it creamy, optional)
- 1/4 cup (50g) parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon flat parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian herb mix (oregano, thyme, rosemary)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
1. Combine garlic and spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat a skillet over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the olive oil along with the sliced onions and bell pepper. Sauté until the veggies have softened, then add mushrooms and the garlic and spice mixture. Add vegetable stock, Greek yogurt and parmesan to link the sauce.
3. When the mushrooms have cooked for a couple of minutes and start to soften, turn the heat to high and add the zucchini noodles. Cook for a few minutes, you want them to still have a bit of crunch to them, not completely cooked through. Use a pair of tongs to toss the zucchini noodles in the pan as they’re cooking. At the end of cooking, add chopped parsley and toss quickly to combine.
4. Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional parsley, parmesan and fresh cracked pepper.
Note: Make sure to have everything prepared before actually turning on the stove so you won’t overcook your vegetables along the way.