Salads bring out the best in fresh seasonal ingredients, and this simple couscous and veggie salad makes a fantastic meal or accompaniment for any occasion. Packed with a lot of flavor and totally guilt free, this combination of juicy tomatoes, fresh mint, red onion and lemon makes the most of summer’s bounty.
Ingredients list for the veggie couscous recipe
Serves 4 :
- 1 cup (200g) of fine couscous (not semolina)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 lemons
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Half a cup of water
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1. Put the couscous in a bowl. Collect lemon juice, seed the tomatoes and collect their juice too.
2. Pour oil, tomato juice and lemon juice over the couscous and mix.
3. If the couscous feels too dry, add the equivalent of half a cup of water.
4. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes, finely chop the bunch of mint. Chop the onion. Note: If you don’t like raw onion, cut very large pieces to flavor the couscous and to remove them easily afterward.
5. Add all ingredients to the couscous and mix again. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Allow to sit for several hours in the refrigerator, to let the couscous absorb all the juices flavors of each ingredient. It is even tastier if you wait for the day after!
(Photo by Royal Chill)