This nice and thick soup is certainly the easiest chowder you will ever make. Throw everything in the pot and you’re set for a hearty, soul-warming dinner in no-time!
Ingredients list for the potato corn chowder
- 1 pound (430g) potato, diced
- 1 can corn kernels
- 1 small onion
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
1. Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add flour and stir to make a roux then add paprika.
2. Add vegetable stock, potatoes, celery, salt and pepper. Simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 10-12 minutes.
3. Stir in corn kernels and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are totally done. Add a tablespoon of heavy cream, adjust seasoning and serve immediately.
Note: Cooking time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of the potatoes. This corn chowder is great on its own, but even better served with a variety of toppings, like chopped green onions or chives.