Looking for a little refresher? This creamy frozen dessert will cool you down for sure! Coconut milk and turmeric makes for the perfect combination of summer flavors with plenty of health benefits. Inspired by Golden Milk, this combo of coconut, ground turmeric, cinnamon and ginger brings plenty of rich, warm flavor to this delicious ice cream. Indulge your sweet tooth!
Ingredients list for the turmeric ice pops
Makes approx. 8 regular sized pops:
- 2 1/2 cups (600ml) coconut milk (use milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) liquid sweetener of your choice (maple syrup or honey)
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 small knob of ginger, sliced
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. In a medium sauce pan, simmer milk and liquid sweetener. Add in all the spices listed above for additional 2 minutes or so.
2. Turn off the heat and keep the sauce pan aside. Allow it to completely cool in the refrigerator.
3. Once cooled, strain the milk and remove ginger pieces before pouring the contents into the popsicle mold (here simple yogurt pots).
4. Pour about 3/4 height and insert a popsicle stick. Freeze overnight or until completely frozen.
Note: It is better to soak popsicle sticks in water for an hour in order to prevent them from floating when inserted in the molds. To easily unmold popsicle, run under lukewarm water for 15-20 seconds.