Load up with a healthy elixir to keep your body optimized—This grapefruit ginger turmeric mocktail is a fruity, festive drink spiced up with immune boosting, anti-inflammatory superfoods. The best part is that there’s no juicer needed: Simply grate, mix, strain, and sip!
Ingredients list for the Grapefruit Turmeric Ginger Mocktail
Makes 2 glasses
- 2 cups (500ml) freshly squeezed grapefruits juice (from about 5 to 6 grapefruits)
- A knob of peeled ginger root (approx. 2-inch)
- A knob of peeled turmeric root (approx. 1-inch)
- Crushed ice
- Grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Honey (optional)
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
1. Squeeze grapefruits to collect the juice. Grate ginger and turmeric in a pitcher and pour in grapefruit juice and 1 or 2 tablespoons honey (optional). Mix with a cocktail spoon and let sit a few minutes sit to let the favors develop.
2. Pour juice through a strainer and discard turmeric and ginger remnants. Keep chilled in the refrigerator until serving.
3. Rim the glasses with sugar. Add crushed ice and pour the grapefruit turmeric ginger juice over. Fill to the top (add sparkling water if you want) and garnish with a quarter slice of grapefruit. Enjoy!
Note: Alternately, you can use a blender to process grapefruit juice, ginger and turmeric all together until smooth, then filter out.