This tofu stir fry recipe is ideal for a quick vegetarian or vegan meal for two. Tofu cubes are stir fried in sesame oil to golden crisp, and then drenched in a creamy tahini-sriracha sauce for a spicy kick. Enjoy with rice noodles!
Ingredients list for the Spicy Tahini Tofu Stir Fry
Yield: 2 servings:
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained, pressed at least 15 minutes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- Cooked rice noodles
- Chopped scallions greens
- Toasted sesame seeds + poppy seeds
1. Heat sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu on an even layer for about 10 minutes, flipping once or twice, until the tofu is browned and crisp on all sides.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the tahini, sriracha, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic and grated ginger in a small bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of water to thin out the sauce.
3. Once tofu cubes are browned, lower the heat to low and pour the tahini sauce over the tofu, stirring gently to coat the tofu. Cook just until the sauce is hot and starts to bubble, about 1 minute. Don’t overcook or the sauce will be too thick.
4. Divide onto plates and serve with rice noodles and a side of baby spinach salad (or chopped bok-choi, shredded kale, as you want), and sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds and chopped scallions. Enjoy! ♡
Tip: To make your tofu very crispy, pour boiling water over drained tofu cubes then pat dry before frying. This will help take out excess water.