This vegan tofu scramble with a kick of spice is you next favorite early morning eye-opener. Dice some fresh bell peppers to add to the mix along with potatoes and baby spinach and you’ll get a well rounded breakfast to start the day.
Ingredients list for the tofu scramble
The tofu scramble
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu
- Olive oil
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, washed and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or any hot sauce you like)
- 1 tablespoon, chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
1. Pat tofu dry and wrap in a clean towel for 10 minutes to drain out excess water. After 10 minutes, unwrap and crumble with a fork and set aside.
2. While tofu is draining, prepare the sauce by whisking ingredients together in a small bowl and adding water to make the sauce easily pourable.
3. Warm a skillet over medium heat with 1 or 2 tablespoons olive oil. Saute diced potatoes until golden then set aside.
4. In the same skillet, fry onion and red pepper, season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Add spinach and cover to steam for 2 minutes. Add potatoes back to the skillet.
5. Move the veggies to one side of the pan and add tofu. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add the sauce to the tofu. Stir well to coat everything. Cook for another 2 or 3 minutes. Serve immediately. You can top with chopped cilantro if you like. Enjoy! ♡