Here’s another incredibly chunky and comforting recipe you can make in no time for a lazy evening dinner or just for fun! Pair smokey bacon with gooey melted mozzarella on a bed of candied tomatoes and you have a batch of crunchy, golden and satisfying sandwiches to put on the table for a quick family dinner.
Ingredients list for the toasted bacon sandwich
Makes 4 sandwiches:
- 8 slices of whole bread
- 16 slices of bacon
- 4 1/4 oz (120g) mozzarella
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 dash of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 2 coffee spoons of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of salt
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Turn your oven to “grill” or “broiler” mode.
2. Cut tomatoes into thin slices.
3. Arrange tomato slices on a baking sheet previously lined with parchment paper.
4. Sprinkle tomatoes with oregano, garlic and salt. Drizzle a little olive oil over the tomatoes and bake for 5-10 minutes. Set these slightly candied tomatoes aside.
5. Cut mozzarella into thin slices.
6. In a bowl, combine tomato paste and sugar and spread over the 8 slices of bread
7. Place two slices of bacon over 4 slices of bread, then top with 4 slices of tomatoes, 2 slices of mozzarella. Finish stacking with 2 slices of bacon and 1 slice of bread.
8. Toast in your oven at 390°F(200°C) until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. Alternatively, you can grill your sandwiches on the stove over medium heat, covered with a lid.
9. Serve hot with a crisp lettuce.