Making stir fry at home is always a good idea. It is such a quick meal option and can be very healthy and low-calorie because you control the amount of oil and salt you use. These delicious juicy shrimp with lime, garlic and ginger in a honey-soy sauce taste wonderful over a bed of pilaf rice. Not only is this a really delicious meal, but it’s also makes a perfectly balanced dinner!
Ingredients list for the Sweet and Sour Shrimp Stir Fry
Serves: 4 :
- 1 pound (450g) shrimp
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 lime, untreated
- 3 1/2 tablespoons water (50ml) water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries (optional)
- Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel and cut the carrots and onion. Chop the garlic, grate the ginger, cut lime slices.
2. Shell the shrimp, leaving the tail.
3. Heat oil and fry the shrimp for about 3 minutes. Set aside then fry gently the garlic and ginger in the same skillet. Add vegetables, cranberries, lime and water. Cook for about 8 minutes.
4. Add shrimp back into the skillet, then season to taste with soy sauce, honey and pepper. Serve with pilaf rice.
Note: If you don’t like too much acidity, a dash of lime juice juice will suffice.