Close your eyes and imagine incredibly soft pumpkin bread… Ideal for a buffet, served as an appetizer or with a salad. This totally sugar free pumpkin bread has a very tender texture. The pumpkin gives this cake its surprising softness. Spread ricotta and homemade chutney on a good slice, it’s even better!
Ingredients list for pumpkin bread
For 8 persons:
- 1 1/3 cup (130g) wholemeal flour + 3/4 cup (70g) of oatmeal
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 coffee spoon baking soda
- 1 coffee spoon of 4 spices mix
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 10 ounces (300g) organic pumpkin (you can buy a pumpkin wedge with skin and without seeds)
- 2 1/2 ounces (70g) grated cheese
- 1 handful of nuts, a handful of pumpkin seeds and a pinch of sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup (15cl) olive oil + 1 tsp pumpkin seed oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds for decoration
- Preheat oven to 360°f (180°c). Wash the pumpkin and cut it into pieces (keep the skin on) then put in the blender or food processor.
- Mix flour, baking powder, nuts and seeds, spices. Add grated pumpkin, oil, cheese and eggs. Salt and pepper, then pour into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes, check for doneness with a knife or a toothpick, which should come off dry.
- Allow to cool before removing from the cake pan… your delicious pumpkin bread is ready!
Be careful, the cake is so tender that it breaks easily. Handle with care!
(Image Lucie Barthélémy)