Put a smile on your hungry family’s faces with this tasty, easy-to-prepare stuffed savoy cabbage recipe. Savoy cabbage rolls becomes a wrapper for a fragrant mix of beef, pork, cheese, herbs, and veggies, melting in a seasoned vegetable stock.
Ingredient list for stuffed savoy cabbage rolls
Serves 5 :
- 1 savoy cabbage
- 2/3 lb (300g) of ground beef or ground chuck (better)
- 2/3 lb (300g) cooked ham
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or crème fraîche
- 1 large teaspoon of mustard
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1/2 pint (1/4 liter) of vegetable or veal stock
- Salt, ground pepper, parsley
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Wash the cabbage, remove the outer leaves gently.
2. Dip the cabbage leaves in a pot of boiling water with the heart of the cabbage cut into chunks. Blanch the cabbage for 5-10 minutes. The leaves should remain colorful but more tender , not too soft. Rinse under very cold water and drain.
3. In a large bowl, combine chopped ham, ground meat, crumbled bouillon cube, finely chopped cabbage heart, egg, cheese, cream, mustard, carrot (peeled and minced), thinly chopped onion, and crushed garlic cloves. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange about 1/2 cup of filling in center of each cabbage leaf. Fold the stem end of cabbage over the filling and fold in sides of cabbage. Carefully roll cabbage over to form a nice package. Transfer each roll, seam side down, to a shallow baking dish.
5. Then pour in the broth. Bake for 1h30 at 360°F (180°C). Water regularly with the cooking juices. Serve along with rice. Enjoy!