Who doesn’t like a dish that is both easy to make and delicious? These stuffed cherry tomatoes work equally well as fancy appetizers and lunch. You can use what you have in your pantry: Tabasco instead of black pepper, tuna crumbs instead of shrimp, it’s up to you! So if you’re on a “shove-it-in-a-tomato-and-eat-it” phase, just try these festive nibbles that everyone will love.
Ingredients list for the stuffed cherry tomatoes
Serve 4 (12-15 tomatoes):
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes. For a better presentation, buy them still attached on the stem.
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1/3 lb (150-170g) small shelled shrimp or fresh shrimp cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons Philadelphia, mixed with fresh herbs (chopped chives, parsley…)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh corn
- A teaspoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, crush and mix the boiled egg with corn, shrimp, chives, cream cheese, lemon juice and crushed garlic.
2. Add salt and pepper — not too much.
3. Cut the tomatoes hats. If you want to keep the whole bunch for a nice presentation, take care not to detach the stems by cutting hats. Scoop out tomato flesh with a small melon baller or a coffee spoon. Drain the juice from tomatoes.
4. Divide the stuffing into the hollowed tomatoes and put the bunch of hats back on top.
5. Serve chilled and be prepared for lots of “yums”.