A light and healthy starter, perfect for a summer cookout. These tomato cups filled with a fragrant strawberry salsa come together in less than 10 minutes and the combination of sweet and tangy flavors is so addictive.
Ingredients list for the Strawberry Tomato Cups
- 8 tomatoes (green, red, black… mix as much varieties as you can )
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and diced
- 15-20 small basil leaves
- 6-7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 coffee spoon honey
1. Rinse, stem and cut tomatoes 3/4 height to make small hats. Then remove seeds with a spoon.
2. Dice the tomato hats and combine with diced strawberries and basil.
3. Stuff each tomato with this mixture. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey to make a vinaigrette. Drizzle over tomatoes and top with additional basil leaves.