This strawberry mango salsa is the ultimate combination of sweet and spicy, and its divine flavor is enhanced by a honey lime juice dressing. It’s perfect as an appetizer with savory waffles or tortilla chips, or for topping your grilled chicken or fish.
Ingredients list for the strawberry mango salsa
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- 3/4 cup diced mango
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey, or more to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
Tip: How to dice a mango
Cut your mango into 3 parts: the 2 sides and the core. Set aside the mango core and grab one of the other pieces. Lay it on a cutting board, skin side down, and cut deep, vertical cuts into it – make sure not to pierce the skin though. Next, make horizontal cuts into the mango. Gently push a spoon between the skin and the mango fruit and push out the cut fruit with the edge of the spoon. The cubes will generally come apart pretty easily.
1. In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries, mango, jalapeño pepper, onion, cilantro, honey and lime juice. Pulse quickly to get a rough texture.
2. Serve immediately with tortilla chips or savory waffles.