With spring in full swing and all the beautiful berries around, it’s time to whip up some all-time favorite desserts. This strawberry cheesecake ice cream tastes absolutely divine and creamy, perfect to end up a family dinner. If you don’t have strawberries at hand for this recipe, you can use any berries of your choice: raspberry, blackberries or blueberries… You name it!
Ingredients list for the Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 2/3 pound (300g) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (20cl) of liquid cream
- 1/4 cup (50g) of sugar
- Zest of one organic lemon
- Strawberry Pie filling (or strawberry coulis)
- Golden Oreo cookies (about half the package)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 big tablespoon vanilla sugar
- Sorbet maker
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Sealed box
1. Combine and beat together cream cheese, sugar and cream.
2. Add the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
3. Pour into your ice cream maker and churn for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor or in a Ziplok bag with a rolling pin.
5. Once the ice cream is ready, dump Oreo crumbs and mix roughly before putting the ice cream into the freezer. Serve with a drizzle of strawberry coulis.
Note: You can add the coulis before putting the ice cream in the freezer, you’ll obtain a pretty marbled ice cream.
(Picture by N.Palmer)