September is in full swing, and after Back to School, new office hours or busy schedules, we can lack of inspiration when it comes to making dinner. But don’t fear! Here’s a quick and easy go-to weekday meal that the whole family will love. These spicy, crispy chicken wings bathed in just the right amount of fiery Sriracha sauce are ready in 30 minutes and the flavor is absolutely incredible! This budget-friendly recipe uses pantry staples and whips up real fast.
Ingredients list for Sriracha Chicken Wings
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 lb (1kg) chicken wings, cut in 2
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup (125ml) Sriracha, or more to taste
- 1 cup (240ml) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey or (brown sugar)
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (100g) all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Rinse the chicken wings and pat them dry.
2. Generously season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Coat the wings in flour, shaking off any excess flour, and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat to 350°F (180°C). Fry the chicken wings in small batches until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Continue frying the chicken in batches until all of the wings are cooked.
4. Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned.
5. Stir in the Sriracha, tomato sauce, soy sauce and honey. Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
6. Toss the chicken wings in the Sriracha sauce and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
(Photo: © Martia Punts)