Go green with this spring soup recipe loaded with fresh nutrients and fiber—Asparagus and green peas team up for a flavorful and filling meal with hints of mint. This green soup is easily portable and will be perfect to sip on your lunchtime at the office!
Ingredients list for the soup
- 1 pound (450g) asparagus, diced
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small russet potatoes, finely diced
- 2 cups (500ml) low sodium vegetable stock (or water + vegetable bouillon cube)
- 5-6 mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pink peppercorns, poppy and sesame seeds, for the garnish (optional)
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. In a medium or large soup pot, add all the vegetables and spices: asparagus, green peas, onion, garlic, potato, and black pepper. Cover with vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
2. Cook for 10 minutes, over medium heat, until vegetables are cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, cut bread sticks and brush with olive oil. Toast in the oven for 2 minutes at 440°F (230°C), until golden.
4. Transfer the soup into a blender, drain half the broth and keep it for later. Add mint and process to obtain a smooth soup, adjust seasoning if necessary. If it’s too thick, add more broth and process until you get the desired consistency.
5. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with seeds and peppercorns, serve with toasted bread sticks. For the to-go version, divide into air-tight containers.