These spicy tapas-style shrimps will be a hit wherever they go! Delicious and impressive, they’re perfect for backyard parties, casual lunch-ons, and even for dinner with a bowl of white rice.
Ingredients list for the spicy shrimp tapas
- 16 raw shrimps
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan pepper (or red peppercorns)
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds
- 1 coffee spoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 coffee spoon tandoori spice blend (optional)
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (3/4 inch – 2 cm) peeled
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 lime, for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
1. Peel and devein the shrimp, keeping only the tail.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil and roast black pepper, tandoori spices and fennel seeds until the mixture becomes fragrant. Then add the garlic clove cut in half and the shrimp. Brown for ten minutes, stirring regularly. When shrimp is cooked, add grated ginger and sea salt; continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with grated lime zest, basil and additional red peppercorns. You can scrape the bottom of the pan and add remaining grilled spices to the shrimp.