If like me you grew up watching Willy Wonka and coveting a swim in his chocolate river, well here’s the good news: Hot chocolate is not just a children’s drink anymore! This hot chocolate recipe with its spicy accents is sinfully decadent. With exotic flavors of jalapeno and vanilla, this syrupy sweet drink pairs very well with donuts or churros for a luxurious afternoon break.
Ingredient list for the spicy hot chocolate
- 7 oz (200g) of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups (50cl) of milk
- 1,3 cup (30cl) of liquid cream
- 1 pinch of Jalapeno pepper powder
- 1 vanilla pod
1. Bring milk to a boil with cream, Jalapeno pepper powder, and the vanilla pod, split and scraped.
2. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate with a knife and set aside in a large bowl.
3. Let milk infuse with spices for 10 minutes, then pour over the chocolate through a sieve. Stir until dissolved.
4. Put the mixture back into the saucepan and whisk over low heat for 10 minutes. Serve hot with churros. The more adventurous of you will add a pinch of Jalapeno pepper over each cup.