An easy to make salad that’s full of crunchy cucumber, spicy jalapeño, feta cheese and a few secret ingredients! This cucumber salad is the perfect quick and easy side for any potluck or spring picnic!
Ingredients list for the cucumber salad
- 2 cucumbers
- The heart of one iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 Jalapeño, sliced
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Zest of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked pepper
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
- ½ cup olive oil (or other oil)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- juice of two limes (lemon also work)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scrap off the seeds. Cut cucumber halves in C shapes.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl combine ingredients for the dressing and mix vigorously with a fork; pour over the salad.
3. Mix the salad with your bare hands and let sit for 10 minutes in the refrigerator to allow the juices to combine before serving.
Note: you can veganize this recipe by using agave nectar in place of honey and omit feta cheese.