Versatile, satisfying, and oh so simple to prepare, pasta is a versatile dish that everyone love. If you’re looking to recycle roasted chicken leftover, this chicken pasta recipe will make a quick dinner fix or a delicious meal to pack for lunch at the office. Chorizo brings a lot of flavor while green peas bring freshness, softness and contrast along with basil and garlic. You can also incorporate a handful of arugula. This is a real treat!
Ingredients list for Spicy Chicken Spaghetti with Chorizo & Peas
- 1 pound (400g) spaghetti
- 2 roasted chicken thighs or 2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- Half a spicy chorizo
- 1/2 pound (200g) prosciutto
- 1/2 pound (200g) of green peas, cooked “al dente”
- 1 3/4 cups (40cl) heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Espelette chili pepper flakes, or ground Jalapeno chili pepper
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sprig of fresh basil, chopped
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
- Basil leaves
- 1 piece of Pecorino Romano cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook spaghetti al dente in a large pot of boiling salted water until. Count about 8 to 10 minutes (according to package directions). Meanwhile, cut the chorizo into pieces and prosciutto into strips.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet and fry the pieces of pancetta and chorizo, without adding fat. Fry over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute more. Then stir in heavy cream, chili pepper powder, green peas and half the grated parmesan.
4. Drain pasta quickly. Keep a bit of the cooking water with a ladle and pour into the pan. Add basil and remaining parmesan. Mix gently.
5. Arrange the pasta in the center of a bowl and sprinkle with chopped basil and freshly grated Pecorino. Add dash of extra virgin olive oil and enjoy immediately.