Smoked Salmon puffed bites—These caterer-style appetizers are so easy to make. Simple yet sophisticated, they’ll be the perfect starters for your Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve dinners.
Prep time: 20 mins
Baking time: 10 mins
Ingredients list for the salmon puff pastry bites
- 1 sheet puff pastry (recipe here)
- 1 cup (240ml) cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 or 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Lemon zest (optional)
- 1 package smoked salmon
1. Mix all ingredients except salmon to make the filling.
2. Spread out the puff pastry and make cut-outs with a small cookie cutter (1-inch). Stack two discs together and brush with the beaten egg and bake the puff pastry shells for 15 minutes at 400°F(200°C) until puffed and golden, keep an eye on the oven. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then cut the shells horizontally to make the sandwiches halves.
3. In the meantime, cut strips of smoked salmon, put a dollop of cream cheese filling and make a small roll.
4. Spread a spoonful of cream mixture over a shell half. Top with a salmon roll, then the top puffed shell. Secure the mini sandwich with a toothpick.
Note: Assemble these right before serving because the puff pastry will get soggy if you try to make the night or morning before. Enjoy with champagne!