If you ask us about comfort food, we will answer promptly: Chicken Meatballs and Pasta Soup! This lighter version of beef meatballs, cooked quietly in the slow cooker with just a handful of ingredients, makes a rich soup and meat that melts in your mouth. Whether it’s for a weeknight supper or a Sunday dinner, you’ll enjoy a stress-free dish both convenient and comforting.
Ingredients list for the slow cooker chicken meatballs and Pasta soup
- 2 lb (1kg) ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 garlic coves, crushed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 6 cups (1.5l) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
1. Combine cumin, cajun seasoning, crushed garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add ground chicken and mix well to combine. Form small balls with your hands and set aside in a plate.
2. Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken balls until browned, about 5 minutes. Proceed by batches if necessary.
3. Place chicken meat balls into your slow cooker. Add minced onion, beef broth, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
4. Add pasta to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 15-30 minutes, until noodles are tender. Serve hot sprinkled with fresh cilantro. Yum! ♡