How simple this is! Moist and succulent bone-in chicken thighs swimming in a cilantro and lime flavored sauce—the whole thing coming together in under 35 mins. Now you know the whole family will like it.
Ingredients list for the cilantro lime chicken
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- Olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly chopped
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- A handful of grape tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) . In a large bowl, combine the spices and chicken thighs. Be sure to coat chicken thoroughly. Allow the chicken thighs to rest for about 5-10 minutes.
2. Heat 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Brown the chicken thighs on both sides in the heated oil. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. Lower the heat and deglaze the skillet with the broth. Bring the liquid to a simmer then add lime juice, ginger, garlic and honey. Cook for a couple of minutes so that the sauce reduces a little bit.
4. Return the chicken to the skillet; and toss in the cilantro and tomatoes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the skillet to the oven at 375°F (190°C) and bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. You can cover the skillet if you want.
6. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with more cilantro. Serve with rice, couscous or pasta to complete this chicken dinner.