A few days ago I was asked how to prepare a very simple chocolate sauce. I think the easiest solution is to make a simple ganache by increasing the amount of cream and milk compared to the amount of chocolate.
Besides calculating the quantities of milk and cream to implement, we can multiply the amount of chocolate by three.
Ingredients list to make a chocolate sauce
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) of dark chocolate
- 1/2 pint (200 mL) liquid cream
- 1/4 pint (100 mL) of milk
Depending on the different types of chocolate, according to your taste, it may be necessary to add a little sugar. If the dessert you will serve with the sauce is already very sweet, no need to add sugar in the sauce; you must keep a “sweetness balance” between the dessert and the sauce.
1. Crush chocolate to ease the melting process.
2. Put the crushed chocolate in a large bowl.
3. Mix milk and liquid cream together in a saucepan. You can add spices like vanilla or cinnamon if you want.
4. Pour 1/3 of the milk and cream mix over chocolate.
5. Whip vigorously with a whisk.
6. Add another third of boiling cream, mix, whisk, and do the same with the other third.
7. Let the sauce cool and then refrigerate.
- At this stage, all the chocolate must be melted. If all the chocolate is not melted, place the bowl in a water bath for a few minutes while stirring.
- The sauce is relatively liquid when it’s still hot, which is normal; it is necessary that the chocolate crystallizes. When it’s very cold, it may be necessary to loosen the sauce with a little milk or cream.
- To personalize your chocolate sauce a bit more, you can add caramel sauce, which will make… a chocolate and caramel sauce, quite simply!
Read also: baked egg casseroles recipe