Ingredients list for the shrimps and leeks quiche
Serves 6, or a 10 inch (26 cm) diameter pan.
For the dough:
- 2 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (about 6g)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
For the filling:
- 4 leeks
- 1/3 lb (150g) shelled shrimps
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (25cl) of heavy cream
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) of grated Emmenthal
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
1. Wash leeks and discard the 2 first layers of leaves. Cut lengthwise, then slice into thin strips.
2. Steam leeks for about 25 minutes and allow to cool down.
3. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
4. In a bowl, mix the ingredients of the dough with a fork, until your get a smooth paste. Roll out and spread the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
5. Remove the top sheet and arrange the dough in your pan and prick with a fork.
6. Mix the eggs with cream, then add leeks, grated cheese and chopped shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Spread the mixture over the pastry and bake for about 45 minutes or until it’s golden and the center is set.
8. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve along with a nice salad.
(Picture by Nina Palmer)
Nina L. Palmer