Here is an easy savory quiche recipe with seafood and pesto! It might inspire you for your next buffet or dinner. You can use either a frozen seafood mix, easily found in grocery stores, or you can go with fresh fish cubes, mussels and crab flesh to make your own special mix. To vary from the classic wheat flour puff pastry, I opted for a spelt flour puff pastry. You can find some in organic stores.
Ingredient list for the seafood and pesto quiche
For 6 people:
- 1 puff pastry (Organic Spelt for me)
- 3 eggs
- 4/5 cup (200ml) of cream
- 1lb (500g) frozen seafood mix, thawed
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce (wild garlic for me. Or your can make your own pesto with arugula salad following this recipe)
- 2 ounces (60g) grated parmesan
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 410°f (210°c).
2. Roll out dough into a mold of 9 to 10 inches (24 – 26 cm ) diameter. Pour the drained seafood on the dough.
3. Mix the eggs, cream and pesto, pour over the seafood and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for about 40 minutes.
4. Serve warm with a green salad. This seafood quiche is delicious!