Recipe for salmon fillet with white wine, sorrel, shallots and chard . Enjoy!
Ingredients list for Salmon with White Wine
Serves 4 :
- 4 salmon steaks
- 10 ounces (300 g) of sorrel
- 1 1/4 tablespoons (20 g) of margarine
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (5 cl) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (15 cl ) of crème fraîche lightened
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons sunflower oil
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Chop the sorrel and shallots
2. Season the salmon steaks
3. Heat the sunflower oil and fry the salmon for between 8 and 10 minutes on each side.
4. Meanwhile, in another skillet, melt margarine in a frying pan to fry the chopped shallots and brown for a few minutes.
5. Glaze with white wine, and then add the chopped sorrel and
Serve topped with the sorrel sauce.
You will find farmed salmon all year and wild salmon in season. Farmed salmon is certainly cheaper, but it is also of poorer quality. Before buying, and regardless of its origin, look at the price per kilo; there are large differences between whole fish and fillets.
The season of sorrel takes place from May to October. This plant is special because of its acidic side, as well as its richness in vitamin C, magnesium and iron. There are three main varieties: common sorrel, sorrel spinach and sorrel blank.
For this recipe, you can also use Swiss chard (or chard), or spinach, and you can substitute white wine for sherry vinegar to glaze the shallots.