This amazing strawberry lemonade is like taking a bite out of summer. Roasted strawberries develop an intense sweetness as they break down and release their juices. The result is a addictive candy-like syrup that’s just perfect as a mixer for this refreshing lemonade.
Ingredients list for the roasted strawberry lemonade
- 1 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (325ml)fresh lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 6 cups (1,5l) cold water or sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced for garnish
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. In a small sauce pan, bring 3/4 cup sugar and water to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
2. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) or broiler mode. Place sliced strawberries onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Toss well, arrange on one layer and roast for 10-20 minutes, until soft and bubbly. Transfer strawberries in a bowl and mash them with a fork. You can also use a food processor or blender and process/blend until smooth.
3. Pour the pureed roasted strawberries into the sugar water. Add lemon juice and stir well.
4. Pour strawberry lemon mixture and cold water or sparkling water into a large pitcher. Stir well, add ice and additional strawberry slices. Serve into glasses over ice cubes and strawberry slices for garnish.
Note: Do yourself a favor and taste the caramelized roasted strawberries from the baking sheet when they’re still warm!